Thursday, June 6, 2013

~Generation 1, Part 1~

~The Veronicas~

Generation 1

Part 1

Kristy


"Kristy Lynn my bladder is old and small, now you get out here before I make you!" my mother shouted through the door. I could hear her small wrinkled fists banging loudly on the bathroom door.

I held back another wave of nausea as I looked over at the porcelain toilet. It was currently covered in what had been my breakfast. I placed a hand over my swollen stomach and opened the door.

She brushed by me quickly, nearly knocking me to the ground in the process. She grabbed her toothbrush and began waving it at me wildly. "Now that your done being sick you can brush those teeth of yours," she told me, beginning to brush her dentures.



"I'm going to wait awhile, see how baby and I feel."

"Well you ought to brush them before your baking class," she told me sternly, as if I was 8 instead of 28.

"Culinary mom. It's a culinary class." I reminded her, even though she already knew. Here in Riverview people all had house keepers who did the cooking for them, because it was supposivly a job for the weak. Now baking, that was something else. Each and every women in town baked and the title of the finest baker in town was fought for tooth and nail. My mom doesn't approve of my career choice to be a chef and open an organic food restaurant and store, and that was putting it likely. She said she hoped she was dead by the time I did that. There was nobody in town quite like my mom.

She just scowled and shooed me out of the bathroom. Having to share one bathroom with my mom was just of the many "perks" of inviting my mom to live with me. But I couldn't just leave her in a nursing home, especially after dad died.



My phone jingled on the wicker end table and I picked it up, hitting the call button.

"Hello?"

A surge of static came over the line, followed by a high pitched squeal.

"Hey sis!" a voice screamed into my ear. "You will never guess where I am!"



I quickly calculated the time zone difference, not that it was necessary. Tracy only did two things, with one being sleeping. "You're at a party?" I asked her sarcastically.

"Not just a party, THE party, a frat party!" she screamed. I checked my watch, already knowing how this conversation would go.



"How drunk are you?" I asked her.

She giggled. "I'm not drunk Kris...I'm floating, like a dolphin."

"Dolphins don't float, they swim." I informed her, then I questioned myself what I was doing arguing with my drunk sister.

"Everything is fuzzy...like a hamster..." she trailed off.



I heard my mother's voice behind me. "Is that Tracy? How is her term paper coming along?" she asked.

"Mom," I replied, startled. For an elderly lady with a cane she sure could creep up on you.

"Hi mommy!" Tracy cheered into my ear.

"Let me talk to her, she never calls me," my mother said.

I could only imagine a conversation between my mother and drunk sister.

"Wait Krissie don't hang up I-" Tracy's voice was cut off when I pressed the end button.

"Sorry mom, she already hung up," I lied. My mother gave a curt nod and I headed over to the bathroom to finish getting ready.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Culinary class went off without a hitch, for the most part. I had forgot to add the ginger to the carrot soup. On the bright side, I had filleted the tuna perfectly, the best I ever had. Also, this time the food didn't trigger nausea and I didn't throw up on the guy next to me like last week.



I decided to take a walk through the park, figuring fresh air would be good for the baby.
The park was filled with beautiful flowers, the smell was overwhelming to my heightened senses.
I smiled at a family nearby, a man was chasing around a little girl, who I assumed was his daughter.
A knot appeared in my stomach. I placed my hand over my belly gently, I could be both a mother and a father.
I saw a couple strolling through the park, hand in hand, laughing together.
I felt a pang in my chest. I couldn't be a husband and a wife.



I went and sat down on one of the park benches.
Maybe if I just talked to him...
I had given him some time after all, maybe he changed his mind...
I could always take him to court for child support as a last resort...
I sat there thinking about my unborn child and watching the sun set.



As I made my way down the streets that night I heard a noise, and it sounded as if it was following me.
I heard it a few more times and quickly flipped around.
Nothing was there.
As I continued walking, I continued to hear the noises.
I turned around again, to see nothing, again.
"Hello? Is anybody there?" I yelled out, realizing how stupid that was.
It's not like a serial killer stalking you would respond.
I heard the noise and saw a small figure in the shadows.



"Awe, you poor thing. What are you doing out here alone?" I asked the small dog.
He barked at me and wagged his tail rapidly.
"Hi there," I said as he sniffed my hand.
The dog had no collar on, but I noticed a chain wrapped around its neck.
The rust covered chain was on the dog so tight that it dug into the poor dogs skin.
"Poor baby, let me get that off you," I said to the dog, who still looked ecstatic.
I realized that I had no idea how go get the chain off the poor dog.
"You know what boy? You can come home with me and I'll take that chain of you there," I told the dog.
If this dog wasn't a stray then the owners must be abusive. I couldn't just leave the poor helpless thing behind.
The dog crouched and a puddle appeared at my feet.
"Oh...you're a girl..." I said, looking at my heels.
I picked up the dog anyway, "Let's go home,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"You aren't really thinking bout keeping that dog are you?" my mom asked when I returned home.
She gave me "the look" from the old rocking chair she was seated on.
"Mom, the poor thing is thin, hurt, and alone. I can't just leave her out on the streets!" I protested, cuddling the dog to my chest.
"You have enough on your plate already, you are not keeping the dog and that is final," she told me sternly, glaring at the dog.
"Mom this is my house and I can keep the dog if I want," I informed her, trying not to snap. Pregnancy hormones were not helping me get along with my mom.
"What are you going to do when the baby comes? Pit bulls are dangerous," she told me.
"Pit bulls are not dangerous mom, and when the baby comes I plan to take care of it," I responded sarcastically.
"A baby is already a lot of work,"
I looked at the dog in my arms. Someone had just abandoned her on the streets.
"I'm keeping the dog, it's my life," I told her firmly, before I burst into tears.



She hugged me and rubbed my back.
"Ok, well tomorrow morning I'll head up to Stop N' Shop and get some things for it," she said soothingly.
"Are you sure?" I asked her, sniffling.
"I'm sure, you should get some rest," she told me gently.
I burst into another fresh wave of tears.
"I love you so much mom," I sobbed.
She smiled a tired smile and gently toward the bedroom.



As I got into bed the dog watched, tail wagging.
"Goodnight," I said to the dog.
"Oh wait! I forgot to name you! I'm such a horrible person!" I shouted, about to burst into tears again.
I took some deep breathes.
"I'll just name you now," I said, focusing on my breathing.
I looked over at my little pit bull, asleep on the other side of the bed.
"Goodnight Bailey."

PAGE BREAK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know my mom wanted me to rest, and I told her I would, and I would.
Later.
After all, if I didn't want my house to be full of tiny pee puddles I was going to have to go outside with the dog eventually.
Bailey was ecstatic about the walk, chasing her tail, then her leash.
She must still be pretty young, she was just full of energy.
Her ears perked up at every squirrel and I laughed.
"You're a crack up Bailey," I told her, not feeling weird about talking to a dog.
I tried to ignore my swollen feet that were begging me to turn around. Maybe I could just find a bench.



I reached the local food market, ducking past the windows.
I didn't need my mom to see me out and about when she told me to rest.
I may be an adult and a grown woman, but my mom was scary when she was mad.
Some things just never change. I wrinkled my nose at the smell of cinnamon buns, which I usually loved.
Baby must not like cinnamon buns.
I needed to find a bathroom.

I began walking toward the public restrooms in a nearby park when Bailey pulled free from her leash.
I quickly turned around, "Bailey!" I shouted.
As luck would have it, me turning around caused me to bump into someone, and I was covered in hot coffee.
"Kristy? Kristy Lives?" an all too familiar voice asked.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed my first post!
All comments and reviews are greatly apperciated!
Thank you all for reading!


11 comments:

  1. Great first chapter, Kristy is realllllllllllllly pretty. love her already <3
    Her mum cracks me up :')
    I love how u started your legacy off with a pregnancy, nice start and it means gen 2 will come quicker :)
    Can't wait for more <3
    xoxo Aideybabes <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      All credit for Kristy's looks go to Becks, she made her lol. I helped. Well, sorta, not so much >.<
      I'm glad you like her mom's personality! I'm trying to make her kinda strict and a complainer, but not as much as Logan's mom.
      Yup, generation 2 is on the way!
      Thank you for reading and leaving a comment!

      Logan XOXO

      Delete
  2. oh wow what a great first chapter. Ugh Kristy puked on the guy next to her in class :( that is no good. Awe Bailey is so cute. I can't wait to find out who she ran into.

    Ashby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, poor Kristy having morning sickness on others!
      I love Bailey too, even though she has a kinda awkward look about her lol.
      Thank you so much for reading and commenting :D

      Logan XOXO

      Delete
  3. Kristy is soooooooo pretty ^_^

    I love her mom's personality xD

    Bailey is so cute :3 Thanks for letting me name her ^_^

    This chapter was well written :D Great job!

    Can't wait to read the next :)

    ~Chloe <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love Kristy too! :D Her bebe is gonna be so cute!

      But all credit to her beauty goes to Becks, I didn't actually make either character >.<

      Thank you for making Veronica for me btw! (and she's Tracy's base sim so you kinda made Tracy too lol)

      No problem! I was actually thinking of naming her Bailey, weird huh? >.<

      Thanks, I really like the writing of this chapter too, hopefully the next one will be just as good!

      Thank you so much for reviewing, commenting, and making me a sim! (oh and naming the dog lol)

      LOVE YOU!

      Logan XOXO

      Delete
  4. Just love your story... thank you so much for posting this so we can read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you're reading it!
      Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it really means a lot to me!

      XOXO LOGAN

      Delete
  5. My cats name is bailey lol. It was really great, I cant wait for your next post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Bailey is a cute name :3
      Thank you so much, hopefully my next post will be up soon!
      Thank you so much for leaving a comment and checking out my post!

      XOXO LOGAN

      Delete
  6. Dig'n the new story so far! Kristy is one good looking gal, hats off to Becks for making her. I love how you chose a pit bull, there is so much discrimination against the breed. I've always said, any breed of dog can become dangerous/aggressive... it all depends on their owners and how they are treated. Kristy's mom cracks me up, she reminds me of my grandmother. Keep the chapters coming, I'm officially hooked. ;)
    -Blaine

    ReplyDelete